To provide the highest quality social work intervention and service to the people of Hawaii, and their families.
What We Do
Provide counseling for patients who have been diagnosed with cancer. We help answer their questions, as well as address feelings that could include being lonely, sad or worried. We help plan for the future, provide education and access community resources.
The Professional Staff
Social work staff consist of masters-level trained and licensed Social Workers (LSW).
Why a Social Worker?
As a creative problem solver we work as a team with the physicians, nurses, navigators and other medical professionals to provide services for the benefit of the total person, not just the diagnosis.
- Ancillary Departments
- Our Communities
Clinical Services Provided
- Assessment, diagnosis, planning and treatment of psychosocial needs of the patient and family
- Brief therapy for newly diagnosed patients/families with adjustment to illness issues
- Community resource linkage
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance abuse counseling
- Grief/ bereavement therapy
- End of life care
- Advance Health Care Directive and Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) form
- Support Groups
- On going follow-up; pre, during and post treatment
Referral to Social Work can be made by:
- Health Care Professionals