Hawaii's Premier Cancer Treatment Facility
The Queen’s Cancer Center is your best choice for cancer care. Our physicians, nurses and staff work together to deliver integrated treatment and cancer care tailored to your needs.
Your care team may include medical, surgical and radiation oncologists, as well as registered nurses, clinical coordinators, patient navigators, licensed social workers, registered dietitians, pain management practitioners, physical therapists, and spiritual care providers. Specialists, such as cardiothoracic surgeons, head and neck surgeons, gynecological oncologists, endocrinologists and others provide a seemless connection to complete your care.
Queen's cancer care expertise is further enhanced by an affiliation with one of the top cancer centers in the nation.
MD Anderson Cancer Network® affiliation
The Queen’s Medical Center is the only hospital in Hawaii to be certified by MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson Cancer Center, to bring world-renowned cancer expertise to patients in the state. This national access, matched with Queen’s established excellence in cancer care, elevates the level of cancer care for all of Hawaii.
- Gives Queen’s health professionals access to innovative treatment plans, best practices and evidence-based guidelines developed by the nation’s top hospital for cancer care.
- Enables complex cancer patients to be cared for by certified Queen’s physicians and be able to stay at home in Hawaii with the care teams they know, and the support of family and friends.
- Serves to further improve the likelihood of positive outcomes for our cancer patients.
- Enables patient cases to be reviewed by respected experts in individual fields, resulting in immediate feedback with valuable treatment advice (peer to peer consultations).
- Gives patients the confidence to move forward in their therapy with the knowledge that their individual case has been carefully reviewed.
- Allows Queen's certified physicians to request expedited referrals to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas for extremely complex cases.
Learn more about our affiliation.
Integrated Oncology Services at Queen’s
Queen’s supports patients and their families through every step of their cancer journey. We strive to ensure that treatment and cancer care coordination is as convenient and stress-free as possible, focusing on each patient’s needs, and offering a full array of expert services that promote healing.
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Expert Pathology Services, Including Molecular Pathology
- High Risk Breast Program
- CANCER TREATMENT
- MD Anderson Cancer Network Best Practices
- Advanced Radiology
- Advanced Surgical and Medical Oncology
- Immunotherapy Personalized Medicine
- Targeted Molecular Therapy
- Clinical Trials
- Outpatient Chemotherapy Treatment and Cancer Care
- NAVIGATION, COUNSELING AND SUPPORT
- Cancer Survivorship Program
- Certified Pet Therapy
- Community Resource Referrals
- Genetic Counseling
- Licensed Social Work
- Nutritional Counseling
- Patient and Family Support Groups
- Patient Navigation Services
- Psychiatric Services
- Smoking Cessation Referrals
- Spiritual care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Specialized Physical Therapy for Breast Cancer and Lymphedema Patients
- Patient and Community Education, Including Prevention and Screening Events
Extending Queen's cancer care to West Oahu, Hawaii island
Queen’s Cancer Center has extended its cancer care services from Honolulu to West Oahu. The Queen's Cancer Center-West Oahu, located at The Queen’s Medical Center-West Oahu in Ewa Beach enables patients living in Central and West Oahu to stay close to home for appointments with a medical oncologist and chemotherapy, among other services, minimizing the need to travel to Honolulu for some treatments. Call the Queen’s Cancer Center –West Oahu at 808-691-3777 to learn more or ask your doctor. A full range of cancer care services is also available at North Hawaii Community Hospital for Hawaii island residents. For more information on cancer care at North Hawaii Community Hospital, call 808-881-4833.
How to become a patient at the Queen’s Cancer Center
You have a choice in your cancer care. Your first step is to ask your primary care doctor for a referral to the Queen’s Cancer Center. Your doctor can contact us at 808-691-8777 and fax your records to 808-691-8780. Once a referral is made, we can schedule an appointment with you.
Click here for more information on the records to provide. For more information, contact us.