The Queen's Medical Center is home to Hawaii's only accredited hospital-based General Practice Residency Program. This one year post-graduate dental education program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
The Medical Center's Dental Clinic is located on the ground floor of the Iolani Wing. We are staffed by dental residents, selected from the among the most successful dental school graduates in the nation, who are supervised by our Director of Dental Resident Education and a group of dedicated private dentists and dental specialists who practice in the community and are also members of Queen’s medical staff. Our dental clinic provides modern and comprehensive dental care designed to meet the needs of the community we serve. We see patients of all ages and provide comprehensive dental services, including both routine dental care and highly specialized services.
- Examination and x-rays
- Teeth cleaning and fluoride treatment
- Restorative and cosmetic dentistry
- Root canal therapy
- Periodontal (gum) surgery
- Oral surgery
- Crowns and fixed bridge work
- Removable dentures
- Dental implants
- Oral health assessment and treatment services for persons with disabilities
- Dental treatment of persons who may be medically fragile
- Dental treatment for persons who require general anesthesia due to difficult behaviors
- There is always a dental resident and attending dentist and oral surgeon on-call and available to respond to the needs of Medical Center staff and patients with urgent needs
The Dental Clinic accepts most major dental insurance plans. Dental visits are by appointment. More General Practice Residency Program information and application materials may be found below.
GPR Application Queen's Medical Center